Tuesday, May 17, 2011

A Punk Rock Father's Day

Click above to be taken to the treasury.
Yesterday I decided to make a treasury of things a Punk Rock Dad would like for Father's Day. I was shocked by how very few items there were for guys on Etsy. To me it seems like one of the greatest missed markets of all times.

Sure, guys are quite rare on Etsy. I have found this out quite recently. But, one would think with all the women on Etsy that there would be quite a few boyfriends/husbands/brothers/fathers closely associated with all the women. One would also think that these men/boys/etc would have birthdays/anniversaries/Father's Day/etc associated with them.

Maybe what Etsy needs is more items for guys. Maybe that is what is lacking for Etsy to hit the "Big Time" or at least finally break into the mainstream. Now I am far from being a marketing genius, but it could be that just having women selling women's stuff to other women is hurting overall potential.

Anyhow, I digress. The entire point of this blog post was to show you all the nifty Punk Rock Father's Day picks I actually did find after about 1 1/2 hours of searching. I would love to know what you think of my treasury, so, please leave a note. Or if you'd rather leave a note about my Etsy marketing thoughts, I would like to know what you think of that as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment