Monday, May 20, 2013

Moving In A New Direction


For the longest time I have been wanting to make some bigger items. Recently I started my hand at lamp making. The above photo is a 1923 Kodak pocket camera that I turned into a night light. It sold very quickly as did the other night light I made from a 1940's camera flash unit.

I also created a couple of larger lamps. Of the five I created three have sold in the last month. So, I will be working on some more lamps. They are fun to make and I try and use as many old items as I can find. So, each lamp is unique.


The one above uses several elements including parts from turn of the century clock and a fry basket as a lamp shade. Each lamp is unique and has its own personality. Soon, I will be making some clocks and other large pieces.

No comments:

Post a Comment