Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Steampunk Airships From Tangled Metal


I recently started making Steampunk air ships and dirigibles from vintage light bulbs in Home Decor section of my Etsy shop. Each one is unique and whimsical! It actually started out because a friend of mine who owns a Gallery here in Eureka Springs, Ar said she had some gears and things she'd like to trade me for some work for her gallery.

In the box of trade items she had several vintage and antique light bulbs. She asked if I couls do anything with them and of course, my answer was YES! I didn't know what I was going to do with them at the time but I soon figured out that the bulbs looked like balloons!

I also started making hot air balloons out of the smaller bulbs. So far just about every dirigible I have made has sold quickly. So, I will continue to make them and see what happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment