Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Too Hot For Chainmail

As I write this it is currently 108 with a heat index of 112. It is too hot for chainmail, just look at my apprentice in the pic above. But seriously, it is really hot, really, really hot. I do not like it Sam I am.


I moved to the Ozark Mountains because the average summertime temperature was listed as 95. Okay, that is not the reason but it was one reason. This has been the hottest summer on record for Northwest Arkansas. That follows one of the wettest springs on record. I have heard that there is record cold and snow predicted for the winter.


Hey Mother Nature, lighten up will ya? I was born and raised in Texas so hot isn't new to me. I remember the summer of 1980. It was 117 in the shade and there were 41 days when the temperature never dropped below 100. That was hot. It was a heat wave.


I was scheduled to do an outdoor show tomorrow. I opted to stay home and not get sick from setting up a tent and tables and all the chainmail. Just in case you had no idea, it is very difficult to sell jewelry and armor when you get a second degree burn from trying it on. 


Oh well, it is supposed to get over 100 for the next 5 days in a row. I will try not to go out much. I guess I will be working on making more jewelry and armor. It isn't all bad, at least my A/C unit is new and has been keeping up pretty well.


How is the weather where you are?

1 comment:

  1. I'm in the UK so it is (of course) raining. It was warm yesterday though! My daughter is currently volunteering at an orphanage in Kenya, and a few days ago it was officially warmer here in UK than in Nairobi - bizarre but true.

    ReplyDelete