Friday, June 17, 2011

Spare Time And Extra Money


There was a time, not too long ago, that I had spare timer and extra money. That was before the current economic recession we are in now. It seems that I am always working these days. Trying to make ends meet. I think that sometimes I work a little too hard, though my wonderful girlfriend might disagree!

It is Friday and I have far too much to do to take the entire weekend off. Sunday is Father's Day and I would love a break, but I do not see it happening. I have a show next weekend and I need to continue building up my stock. So, I work outside for a few hours helping my neighbor with her pond and then I work on creating more art.

I am sore all over but it is a good sore. It is the kind of sore that makes you know beyond a shadow of a doubt that you have accomplished something. It is also the kind of sore that says that I am getting older each and every day. I don't feel old, I still feel like a kid most of the time. But I digress...

The whole point of today's blog is that when you have spare time and extra money you sometimes take it for granted that it will always be like that. You can lose both at any time. So, when I get around to finding my spare time and some extra money I am fully going to take advantage of it.

This summer I would like to get Penelope (That is my 1951 Nash Ambassador in the picture above) some new floor boards welded in. I would also like to get the engine out and get ir ready for whatever power plant I eventually will put in. I would also like to get her rust stopped. Most of these things will just require my time which is good because I think I have a better chance at finding spare time than extra money.

What do you do with your spare time?

No comments:

Post a Comment