Wednesday, June 15, 2011

To Grandmother's House We Go!

A Treasury Based On Memories Of Summers At My Grandparents
When I was young and my grandparents were still among the living, we would spend time in the summer at their home in east Texas. They lived on the lake. My grandfather would take me fishing at 4am and when we got back, breakfast would be ready to eat.

My grandmother had a kitchen full of vintage then, antique now, dishes, utensils, appliances and knickknacks. My grandmother would cook elaborate meals for breakfast every morning. I sometimes wonder if she did that when the grand kids were not around. There was always candy around though I do not remember ever seeing them eat candy.

I remember July 4th cookouts and summer fish fries. It was always fun to go to the lake and fish off their dock or go explore the shoreline. It was a much simpler time then and being a kid made it all the more simple. I miss my summers of nothing but fun.

As adults we sometimes forget to have fun. My goal this summer is to take at least two days a month to do absolutely nothing but have fun. No work, no worries, just fun. I challenge all of you to the same. Let me know what you think about that.

No comments:

Post a Comment