Wednesday, June 22, 2011

What Will You Do This Summer?

It would seem that Blogger is having some technical issues with adding photos. So, no photo today. Here is a link to the treasury I created today and the theme of my blog post: Summer Plans. Just imagine that there is an image here featuring 16 wonderful Etsy artists. Okay? Good, on with the post.

I remember when I was a kid out of school for the summer. It seemed to last forever, those three months or so. My dad is a school teacher so he was always around in the summer. We would have a huge garden. It was almost three acres of garden. We would grow the vegetables and sell them to make money for school clothes. If we made our own money we got to choose our own clothes.

We would take summer vacations sometimes, if we had enough money. Usually we would head up to Eureka Springs, Arkansas. We would spend a week camping, hiking, walking through town or going out to the river. Eventually I moved here to Eureka Springs. Soon after, my entire family relocated here, but I digress.

Summer now is a bit more fast paced and does not seem to last as long. I plan to try and do some fun things this summer. Things I have not done in years, like hiking, going to the river and walking through town. These things will help me to reclaim my childhood. Don't get me wrong, I love being an adult and I do still have a lot of fun. I just want to be able to play like a child once again.

I want to know what your plans are for the summer. Are you going to take a vacation? Are you going to spend time at the pool or beach? If you live in Australia tell me about your plans for when summer comes around again. Are you going to write a novel? I can't wait to hear what you are going to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment